The 2nd D-Media Global Conference will take place in 2012.
To receive updates sign-up to the D-Media Newsletter or, better still, join D-Media to help shape the conference agenda and the future of digital entertainment. Full members enjoy significant discounted attendance to the event.
Take a look at D-Media Global Conference 2011:
29 – 30 March 2011
BAFTA – London
The future of digital entertainment is being shaped by new distribution platforms, new methods of payment, and new consumer patterns of behavior. Digital technology has broken down vertical silos of creative activity spawning threats and opportunity in equal measure. Those who ‘get it’ will be the next generation of media players.
This event is held in partnership with SEMN, Screen South, North Sea Screen Partnership, UKTI, IC Tomorrow, Ravensbourne, SEEDA, TIGA, Intellect, Onedigital and the European Digital Think Tank.
What will happen at the D-Media conference?
D-Media is the conference enabling delegates to exploit and capitalize on the emerging convergence of media, content, games, telecoms, software and IT . D-Media will provide you with the opportunity to get connected to those at the forefront of the digital age. Together, we will look to the future, examine innovative ways of working and explore the power of digital media to inspire the world.
Speakers and Delegates at the conference will come together to experience 2 days of stimulating sessions encompassing the digital media world; from the role of robots in media to new glasses-free 3D lenticular screens for cinema; and the next media sensation – all through the lens of “how to generate an income!”..
To complement these sessions we will also be hosting:
- a ‘Digital Fairground’ – an innovative exciting demos based trade fair running throughout the conference, open to all conference delegates and showcasing some of the most exciting technology being produced right now
- pitches from shortlisted film-lead Digital Inventions generated at an earlier Screen South Digital Inventions Lab, with the North Sea Screen Partnership, and winner announcement
- D-Media Awards Dinner to select the recipient of the emerging talent D-Media Chrysalis Award: for invited conference guests, and in addition a number of tickets have been set aside for optional purchase
- 40 entrepreneurs will be pitching their innovations to a panel of judges; the likes of Sony Music, Beggars, Faber & Faber, Fremantle and Crytek games, in the final of the Technology Strategy Board’sIC tomorrow digital innovation contest.
- the opportunity throughout the conference for one-to-one meetings with conference speakers and experts in Innovation, Finance and Markets from around the world: this will include UK Trade and Invest representatives available to provide international market intelligence in the ‘Global Village’.
Key themes will include:
- Production – multi-partner projects; lowering production costs
- Distribution – the tech changes to come; get your own stuff out; new revenue streams
- Money – how to make it; how to find it; how to invest it
- Data is beautiful – making sense of data
- Markets – global opportunities; new markets – healthcare…edutainment..
- The Big Society – How to change the world, and make a living!
The conference will provide the ideal discussion forum for current success stories, cutting-edge thinkers and key decision makers in digital media, film, television, games, music, e-publishing and mobile content providers to come together for two days of discussion and debate, defining challenges and reaching potential solutions.
- See how to liberate the cash – new revenue streams explained from those who have done it
- Find the funds – Money – Investors – Grants and how to get them to invest in you.
- Where to sell what – Meet key people from markets around the world
- What’s new – Innovation and new technology, the IC Tomorrow innovation Dragon’s Den finale, 4G what, when, and what’s next.
- Who’s hot – the D-Media Crysalis Award for the emerging butterfly in the digital media world and the D-Media Digital Pioneer Award celebrating a major contribution
- How to make it….better, cheaper, faster – exploring new production methods 3D workflow, Motion Capture, fragmented post production services
- Data is beautiful…… – how to see it, how to read it, how to use it!
- Change the world – listen to those who are doing it
- Meet the people you need to meet – from the 300 digital media attendees
Good people – Good content – Great business
What business opportunities will the D-Media conference help you to create?
At D-Media you can meet the decision makers, develop your business plan, or speak with the financiers who can make your vision a reality. Relax with the best in the business and meet the undiscovered talent with the killer format, programme, movie, application or hit song. Play on the ‘digital fairground’ and enjoy two days of challenging yourself to become a digital media success story. Meet the people who matter to your continued business success.
D-Media will provide you with the opportunity to have your say, and to meet the right
- One-to-One Opportunities in the Global Village: Your chance to pre-book a slot if you let us know what you are looking for
- Digital Fairground: Try out the cutting edge digital innovations that will shape the future
- Networking Cocktail Party
- Awards Dinner