Location: Home office based. Travel within the UK
Status: Full-time contract. (Sub-contracted directly to PA Consulting)
Duration: Initial contract period through to March 31st 2015
Start date: ASAP
Remuneration: Day rate commensurate with experience / government-funded programme
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) / PA Consulting Group
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the Government Department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy. We also help overseas companies bring their high-quality investment to the UK’s dynamic economy acknowledged as Europe’s best place from which to succeed in global business.
PA Consulting supports UKTI through the delivery of professional services, including deploying and managing skilled trade and investment specialists.
Context for this role
The route to growth is through the screen. There are over 150 digital malls worldwide and they are a new breed of channel that delivers sales and marketing in one. This is made possible by the huge numbers of consumers who visit these platforms every day and the behavioural data that this traffic generates. Digital malls bypass traditional retail operating structures and open markets to brands in a low cost and highly efficient way. They are the goliath channel for growth suited to both an omni‐channel or pure‐play digital approach.
To compete successfully in today’s omni‐channel environment and prepare UK retailers for the future, UKTI is providing focused support to the retail sector in three areas:
(i) New and emerging e‐commerce channels;
(ii) Exploitation of the scale of digital marketing to maximise global presence; and
(iii) Optimisation of ongoing marketing activity to meet international consumer interest.
The UKTI Retail Industry International Action Plan aims to:
- Deliver £500m value to the UK economy through assisting up to 1,000 businesses with their international growth in the two years to March 2015;
- Provide support for up to 23,000 retail sector SMEs to help with their international growth;
- Work with Business Ambassadors, the Catalyst programme and the International Trade Advisor Network to prepare the UK retail sector for international trade;
- Tailor UKTI support programmes and increase the uptake of these services to UK retailers seeking to internationalise their businesses;
- Increase the professionalism of the UKTI global network of support for the retail sector, including working with private sector providers to deliver information and advice.
- Do you have extensive client-side experience in a consumer brand-led organisation with international reach?
- Do you have a sound understanding of business models and the value chain as they relate to exporting?
- Do you have strong practical knowledge of international retail business planning, e-commerce channel management, digital marketing/communications?
- Can you demonstrate expertise across the full spectrum of digital and social media channels?
- Do you have consumer category knowledge in at least one of sports, outdoor, fashion, homes & gardens, gifting, or electronics (i.e. the fastest moving categories for digital sales to consumers internationally)?
If so, then you could be well positioned as a DIGITAL ADVISOR – Business to Consumer (B2C) to…
- Work with UK brands and UK retailers to understand a company’s business model, assess its digital footprint (both trade and communications), and recommend how to best to migrate its business model toward an omni-channel or pure play e-commerce framework;
- Grow the international business in Gross Value Sales over three years for individual UK brands/retailers, measured through business wins;
- Execute cross-function activity spanning commercial, marketing and communications;
- Provide an informed view of the technology infrastructure required to deliver e-commerce enabled businesses and digital communications (e.g. servers & related support infrastructure).
PA Consulting Group is a leading management, systems and technology consulting firm. Employee-owned, award-winning, independent, highly successful, global, and ambitious for further growth. PA is a different kind of consulting firm. We look to hire exceptional people and provide them with opportunities they will not find
We recognise that diversity is strength and that the differences between people add value to our organisation. PA Consulting Group is committed to equality and diversity and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or age.