Meaning 2013 exists to help connect and inspire the people who believe in better business. Be part of the change.
Meaning conference is the annual gathering for people who believe business can and must be better in the 21st century.
The purpose of Meaning is to build awareness and community around the practical possibilities of progressive business so that the world becomes a better place.
Our speakers are international thinkers and doers from business, academia and activism, each bringing their view of the challenges and opportunities available to us.
At Meaning you’ll learn from pioneers and build connections with likeminded peers. Together we can change the world of business.
Meaning conference is a gathering point for people who believe business needs to change in order to be fit for the 21st century.
It brings together an international guest list of speakers who see the world differently and are taking concrete steps to make significant things happen. They include:
- Umair Haque – rogue economist and author for Harvard Business Review
- AnneMarie Huby – co-founder and MD of pioneering social giving platform Just Giving
- Rick Falkvinge – activist and founder of the original Swedish Pirate Party
- James Watt - commander in chief of renegade craft beer makers BrewDog
- Mikel Lezamiz – Director at world’s largest cooperativeMONDRAGON
- Mary Alice Arthur – storyteller and global steward of the Art of Hosting movement
- Lee Bryant - business provocateur with a passion for humanity
- Honor Harger – artist and curator with a creative vision for the future of business
- Richard Spencer - former gold trader turned co-convenor of the Finance Innovation Lab
A shared lunch will give participants the chance to make meaningful connections with each other. Join us and 300 other like-minded people in taking time out to think about an alternative future and how we can be part of creating it.
*New for 2013 – two separetly bookable workshops are happening on 7 Nov. The cost of £300 includes entry to the main conference.
The story dojo with Mary Alice Arthur - storytelling is fast becoming recognised as a powerful tool for creating transformational change within organisations and communities. This workshop will enable you to unlock your story and use it to create new possibilities. Book here.
Happy hour is 9-5 with Alexander Kjerulf - in this workshop you’ll find out what happiness is and what it’s not. And most importantly you’ll return to work with an immediately actionable plan to create a happier and more productive workplace. And it will be fun! Book here.