Digital Innovation Contest – Games final event
IC tomorrow is holding the final event for the ‘Digital Innovation Contest – Games’ on Wednesday 13 November 2013 from 2pm until 8pm at Etc Venues, St. Paul’s. 200 Aldersgate, St Paul’s, London, EC1A 4HD
This session will include pitches from up to fifteen contest finalists who will be showcasing their ideas to a panel of judges that will include industry professionals and representatives from the challenge partnerships: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE), Crytek UK, Intel, Google Chrome, ODEON Cinemas and Pinewood Studios.
IC tomorrow is looking to award five companies up to £25,000 each. The winners will have the opportunity to work with their respective challenge partner to produce their commercial solution. This event is open to anyone interested in digital innovation in the games industry and is a great opportunity to network with leading technology organisations and digital companies in games.
The challenges for the contest are:
- To create an innovative and original game application solution that is split across two or more screens and/or is a unique and indispensable use of second-screen game mechanics.
- To create an innovative digital application that can help to more easily render open street map data in a game engine.
- To leverage a perceptual computing capability in a game to create a unique and immersive experience
- To develop a new service or new interaction that will encourage players to start their games’ sessions with other users with as little effort as possible.
- To create a digital game or application solution that encourages audience attendance in the cinema either in the 20 minutes of pre-screening before the film starts or when screens are not being used to show films.
14:00 Registration and coffee
14:30 Welcome from Matt Sansam, IC tomorrow
14:40 Challenge One: Second-screen use in a game in Partnership with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE)
15:20 Challenge Two: Open street map data in partnership with Crytek UK
16:00 Coffee Break
16.15 Challenge Three: New markets and perceptual computing in partnership with Intel
17:35 Challenge Four: Wider games distribution on mobile web in partnership with Google Chrome
17.35 Coffee break
17:45 Challenge Five: Games and cinema in partnership with ODEON Cinemas and Pinewood Studios
19:00 Winners announced
Neil Brown, Technical Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE)
Gerald Buckle, Digital Development Manager at ODEON Cinemas
Alex Chapman, Partner and Head of Interactive at Sheridans
Giles Farley, Managing Director Group Post Production – Content Services at Pinewood Studios
Paul Kinlan, Developer Advocate at Google Chrome
David Lau-Kee, Partner at London Venture Partners
Lee Mullin, Head of IT for Technology Strategy Board
Kristofer Rose, Developer Relations, Gaming at Intel
Matt Sansam, Head of Programme at IC tomorrow
Jake Turner, R&D Technical Director Crytek UK
Mark Ashelford, Head of Digital at Lee & Thompson
Tom Lingard, Partner at Stevens & Bolton LLP