Dates: 9 – 11 Feb 2014
Deadline: 23 Oct 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany
Visit the Berlinale Co-Production Market website
The Berlinale Co-Production Market is held as part of the Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale), and brings together over 500 experienced international producers, financiers, broadcasting representatives, sales agents and distributors for two and a half days of exclusive and concentrated networking. The event allows producers to introduce pre-selected, partly financed projects and find suitable co-production partners.
Based on the project information distributed in the project catalogue sent before the festival, potential co-producers and financiers can request meetings with the selected projects’ producers. These pre-arranged 30 minute meetings are the heart of the Berlinale Co-Production Market. In addition to the individual meetings participants can establish key contacts and network with one another, obtain first hand information on financing opportunities, and receive expert advice on production and co-production opportunities in their respective countries.
- Feature-length fiction project with international market potential (for theatrical release)
- Suitable for international co-production and open for co-producers
- Full script available
- Budget between ca. 1.5 and 20 million euros (min. 1 million euros for projects from countries in transition)
- A minimum of 30% of the financing, or at least the local production support, must already be secured
- The company must have completed at least one international co-production.
Project submission (by e-mail):
- Fully completed Submission Form
- Treatment / exposé in English (5 to 8 pages)
- 5-page script excerpt
- Financing Plan
- Director’s previous work sample on DVD (as a link)