Upcoming courses – Wednesday 18 September 2pm-6pm
This in-depth half-day course provides an overview of the music industry in 2013, the different ways music can be monetised, including music rights, live performance and the fan relationship. It also looks at the different companies operating in each strand of the music industry, and how artists work with these music businesses. For a full course outline click here.
Bookings are handled by Eventbrite. Select how many places you need on the form below, and then click the ‘order now’ button. If you want to be invoiced for your booking (rather than paying by credit card now) click on ‘show other payment options’ and then click on the ‘pay offline’ button.
Each place on this course is £99 including VAT (at 20%) and booking fees. You will receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite once your booking has been processed and you should bring this with you to the course. You will then receive an email the Monday before the course takes place with full venue information (all courses are in Shoreditch, East London). If you are booking for a colleague please forward these emails to the person attending the course.
If you have any problems with or questions about your booking call 020 7099 9050 or email email@example.com.
This course is led by Chris Cooke, Publisher and Business Editor of CMU. Chris has written about the music business daily for ten years, and is a leading expert on the sector, often commenting on it for other media, most notably the BBC. He also has hands-on experience working on music and marketing projects involving artists, labels, brands and media. An experienced trainer, Chris brings insider insights, practical experience and legal training to his teaching. CMU Insights is part of UnLimited Insights, which is a Corporate Affiliate of the Institute Of Continuing Professional Development. For those professionals with non-specific CPD commitments, CMU Training courses relevant to your profession can count for six hours of CPD time. Certificates to confirm attendance are available on request. Though please note UnLimited Media’s training courses are not currently accredited by any specific professional bodies, eg the Solicitor’s Regulation Authority. We can run this course, or a variation of it, bespoke for your company. To discuss our bespoke training services call 020 7099 9050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT THIS COURSE COVERS
• The three core strands of the music business: music rights, live performance and the fan relationship.
• How each strand makes money, with a beginners guide to intellectual property, the live sector, and the potential of direct to fan.
• Market trends, challenges and opportunities in each strand.
• The different types of music company, and what role they play.
• How artists structure their business relationships, the traditional importance of the record deal, and why artist deals are changing.
WHAT THIS COURSE TEACHES YOU
• The various different ways music can generate revenue.
• How the different parts of the music industry operate.
• Intellectual property basics.
• The ways artist do deals with music company, including the classic record deal.
• Why artists are looking for new deals in the modern music business. WHO SHOULD COME ON THIS COURSE
• Anyone working in or with the music business looking for an overview of the entire industry.
• Anyone working in the music business interested in current trends and future developments.
• Artists and managers looking for new approaches to doing business.
• Lawyers, accountants and consultants who advise on artist or music businesses.
• Any music business student.
This in-depth half-day course runs from 2pm to 6pm in Shoreditch. Places are £99 including VAT and booking fee. To book a place on one of our courses, select how many places you need on the form above, and then click ‘order now’ to pay by card, or ‘other payment options’ and ‘pay offline’ to receive an invoice. Bookings are handled by Eventbrite. Payment can be made by credit card, cheque or BACS transfer. If you have any problems with or questions about your booking call 020 7099 9050 or email email@example.com.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
CMU Insights training courses are provided by UnLimited Insights. Bookings are non-refundable, though bookings can be transferred to another person or – if seven days notice is provided – to another date. Payment must be made before attendance unless otherwise arranged. If, for any reason, a course is postponed or cancelled UnLimited Insights will let each participant know by email (via the email address used in the booking) and affected participants will have the option to move their booking to another course or to take a full refund. All training materials given to participants are © UnLimited Media. – See more at: http://www.thecmuwebsite.com/insights-musicbusinessoverview/#sthash.vV4zbFXq.dpuf