DIGITAL PRODUCTION CHALLENGE enters its fifth year. The European workshop on digital production workflows, especially designed for 40 producers, line producers, production managers and post production supervisors, will take place in Warsaw from 28 to 30 November 2013 .
Although digital technology is now part of everyday life, a plethora of workflows on one hand and a lack of lasting standards/supports on the other make it more complicated for producers to fulfill the demands of their partners (co-producers and distributors).
DPC enables professionals to get a better grasp of this complex environment, of the tasks division between the partners involved – from the director to the post-production provider – and to acquire that shared language, thus granting them full access to the decision chain and guiding them to best position their productions within the digital workflow.
The workshop is divided into four parts:
- Case-studies of different budget ranges (special focus on low budget films and a “standard” budget around 2mio?) by experienced producers and their post-production providers;
- Presentation of selected participants’ projects (feature or documentary films), group discussions and review by the experts;
- Panel discussions on key topics such as teamwork, digital distribution and archiving;
- Focus subjects on selected technical aspects.
DIGITAL PRODUCTION CHALLENGE is proposed by FOCAL in co-operation with Wajda Studio, Digimage Cinema, Swiss Effects and with support of the MEDIA Programme of the European Union and the Polish Film Institute.
Registration is now open until 24 September 2013 atwww.focal.ch/digiprodchallenge/applying.html
Participation fee for 2,5 days (including meals, excluding travel):
- excluding accommodation: 290 Euro
- including accommodation: 450 Euro.
Some scholarships are available.
More information please click here