Web analytics is the study of user activity, tracking data to and from a site to learn how a population behaves online. This information is then used to develop how businesses can better describe their goods, structure their content and design a quality user experience. It is a key process of any start-up as it produces deeper levels of audience engagement and ultimately higher conversion rates.
Throughout the session our presenter Malcolm will show how we can reverse engineer Google Analytics reports to unearth patterns in an audience’s online behaviour.
Topics will include:
- The basics of web analytics.
- Running an initial healthcheck on your site, assessing what works and what doesn’t.
- Figuring out what series of events you should track on your site.
- Reverse engineering the results, studying why people act how they do.
- Using the results to devise new ways and means to improve your content strategy.
- Tracking the effectiveness of any changes implemented.
Doors open at 6.00pm for a 6.30pm start, please arrive in good time so as not to disrupt the presentation. Drinks and snacks will be provided as we appreciate you’ll probably have been working hard all day. If you have any questions relating to the series please contact Caroline Heron at email@example.com.