“UK Animation – Open for Business”
Information Session & Networking
Friday 14th June 2013
10 am – 1.30 pm
Venue: Imperial Palace Hotel, Annecy
The CMC is organising the UK presence at the world’s biggest animation festival and its associated animation market – MIFA. With the support of UK Trade and Investment and Creative Skillset, we are staging a networking and information morning, designed to inform the international community about the new UK animation tax incentive, and provide opportunities for making business contacts at MIFA. The session will feature expert guidance on qualification for, and the operation of, the tax break and will be introduced by a senior government representative, whom the CMC will also host at the Annecy Festival.
Speakers will include:
- Ken Anderson – Red Kite Animation
- Genevieve Dexter – Serious Lunch
- Marc Dhrami – Gaumont Alphanim
- Jackie Edwards, CBeebies (BBC)
- Gina Fegan – UK Trade and Investment
- Oli Hyatt – Blue Zoo and UK Animation Campaign
- Anna Mansi – BFI Certification
- Moses Nyachae – Saffrey Champness
- Mike Watts – Novel Entertainment and PACT Council
- 10 am Coffee and networking
- 10.30 am Keynote address
- 11 am Seminar: “UK Animation – Open for Business”
- 12.30 pm Light lunch and networking
- 1.30 pm Close
The event is free, but only open to registered delegates of MIFA. The CMC has negotiated an advantageous rate of €365 for UK-based delegates. You will receive information on how to access this special discount once you sign up for the session.
Annecy (11 – 15 June 2013) is a Film and TV Festival, but also a Conference, the MIFA market and a new talent incubator programme. It’s packed with creative and business inspiration, and it’s the place to meet clients and partners. The interest generated by the new tax–break (already in evidence at Kidscreen and MIP earlier this year) makes it well worth a visit in 2013.
Sign up to join the “UK Animation – Open for Business Seminar” and come and join us to celebrate UK@Annecy in 2013.