Date: 1 March 2013 (12:00-12:45)
Who is it for: Distributors/production companies of TV content, who are keen to explore Japanese market.
Those who are interested in co-production with Japanese companies.
Those who are interested in meeting Japanese contacts at MIPTV.
How it works:
- If you are interested in participating, please register by cop 25 Feb 2011, from https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UKTIJAPANTV
- Once your registration has been completed, you will get a confirmation email with login details by 27 February.
- The webinars are done via Internet and phone (toll free): you do not need to download specific software. You only need an internet-connected PC and a phone line.
Speaker: Mr Marc Fuoti, Big Picture International (Recorded version in Oct 2012)
Here’s a market you have been looking for!
Japan is the world’s second largest media and entertainment market. It possesses a broad array of advanced technology and infrastructure and is home to high-quality producers of content (film, TV, anime, music, etc) and hardware.
There has been a nationwide switchover to digital TV in July 2011. With the dramatic proliferation of channels and distribution options with new digital platforms, demand for high quality content and new ideas has never been greater.
- We respect the importance of IP.
- We appreciate the real value of your content.
- We do not have any quata restriction.
- Language and culture difference can be opportunities, rather than barriers.
These were proven by the successful outcome of the previous two Trade Mission to Japan lead by PACT and UKTI to attended TIFFCOM (Content Market for Tokyo International Film Festival.)
In addition, Japanese government is also keen to promote international content trades, and the industry has started working closely with overseas distributors/production companies for co-production projects, ie Zodiac & Asahi Broadcasting and FremantleMedia & Fuji TV etc.
You will find out more in the webinar!
*Whereas every effort will make to ensure that the above webinars are to be held as described, please be informed that there will be a possibility that we may have to reschedule the event due to unavoidable incidents.