Innovation in Games and how that opens up opportunities for everyone WIGC 2012
With topics such as HTML5, analytics, motion controlled games, diversity, learning games, mobile distribution and customer care from 18 speakers, panellist and roundtable hosts this year’s Women in Games conference offers the opportunity to learn, network and debate. Speakers include women from EA, Activision, Microsoft, UKIE and the Wellcome Trust including a panel session on Diversity – what can you do, including Jo Twist, CEO at UKIE with Ginger Maseda, Global Diversity and Inclusion Leader at Electronic Arts and Gina Jackson, CEO WIGJ.
The conference is on the afternoon of 26th September at the Kensington Hilton in London, it is open is all, men are very much encouraged to participate, the conference showcases women in the industry through the celebration of their achievements.
European Women in Games Conference Sessions include:
HTML5 Fad or Future?
- Ella Romanos, MD for Remode Studios.
Drugs, bugs and neuroscience: a formula for successful learning games?
- Martha Henson, Multimedia Producer for the Wellcome Trust.
Diversity – what can I do?
- Gina Jackson, Chief Executive at Women in Games Jobs
- Anna Marsh, Game Design Director at Lady Shotgun
- Ginger Maseda, Global Diversity and Inclusion Leader at Electronic Arts
- Jo Twist, CEO at Ukie
How to get into games
- Lizi Attwood, Senior Programmer at Blast Furnace, an Activision studio
- Ali-Bergstrom-Allen, Head of Digital at The Picture Production Company
- Geraldine Cross, Head of Human Resources at Blitz Games Studio.
- Marie-Claire Isaaman, Course Leader for BA(Hons) Games Art & Design at Norwich University College of the Arts
With hosted roundtable discussions featuring:
- Allison Archer, Studio Manager at beJig.
- Marcia Deakin, Licensing and Content Manager at Connect2Media.
- Ann Hurley, European Sales Manager at e4e.
- Joanne Lacey, Marketing Director at GamesAnalytics
- Louise Ridgeway, Assistant Art Director, Rare (a Microsoft Studio)
- Carla Rylance, Art Outsource Co-ordinator at nDreams
- Jennifer Schneidereit, Games Creator at Nyamyam
- Jackie Tetley, Senior Games Designer at nDreams