Acclaimed as “the guru of all screenwriters” (CNN), Syd is regarded by many Hollywood professionals to be the leading authority in the art and craft of screenwriting in the world today. Hollywood Reporter called him “the most sought-after screenwriting teacher in the world.”
Having sold over 1,000,000 copies of his internationally acclaimed books, Screenplay,The Screenwriter’s Workbook and The Screenwriter’s Problem Solver have established themselves as the “Bibles” of the film industry. They are used in more than 395 colleges and universities and have been translated into 19 languages.
Syd is currently on faculty at the USC Master’s of Professional Writing Program, and has taught at Harvard, Stanford, UC Berkeley, UCLA, the AFI and many other noted institutions.
Mr Field’s former students include:
Anna Hamilton Phelan (Girl, Interrupted, Gorillas in the Mist),
John Singleton (Four Brothers, Boyz N the Hood),
Randi Mayem Singer (Mrs. Doubtfire),
Laura Esquival (Like Water For Chocalate),
Michael Kane (The Color of Money),
and Kevin Williamson (Scream, Scream 2 & 3)
Mr Field has been a special script consultant to 20th Century Fox, the Disney Studios, Universal and Tristar Pictures.
What the pros say:
- Tina Fey, Emmy-Award winning Creator and Writer (30 Rock, Saturday Night Live)”Syd Field is the preeminent analyzer in the study of American Screenplays…”
- James Brooks, Writer/Producer/Director (How Do You Know, As Good As It Gets, Terms of Endearment, Broadcast News)
“I’ve gone from reading his books, to being taught by him in courses! I think one of us must have done something right! I thank him all the time for inspiring me.”
- Frank Darabont, Writer/Director (Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, The Walking Dead)
Syd Field: Live in London
· Designing The Story Idea · Setting Up Character and Story in Film · Nature of Dramatic Structure · Creating Characters – Part 1 & 2 · Making Effective use of Back Story · Creating Characters and the · Circle of Being · Designing the Inciting Incident · Action vs. Character
· Writing Effective Dialogue · Two Incidents: Inciting Incident/Key Incident · Writing Character Biographies · The Importance of the First 10 Pages · When and why to use Voice Over (VO) narration · The Inciting Incident and its impact on character · Setting up the Non-linear story · The Nature of Conflict · Putting it all together
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to study with a legend!
What:Syd Field’s Mastering The Craft Of Screenwriting
When: Saturday/Sunday October 22-23, 2011 9:30am to 6:00pm each day
Where: Cavendish Conference Center, 22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
Dates: October 22-23, 2011
How Much? £275 + VAT (Subscribe to this class and get a FREE Raindance Premium Membership worth £50.00 (includes complimetary script registration)
Call 0207 287 3833 to register or Book Online Here