- Are you working in the Music, Film or Digital Industries in the UK?
- Wondering if the time is right to make SXSW 2012 part of your plans?
- Are you actively making arrangements to participate in SXSW Music, Film or Interactive in 2012?
- If you answered Yes to any of of these questions, then take note!
SXSW UK & Ireland manager Una Johnston will visit eight great cities around the UK between Aug 30th and Sept 9th for a series of SXSW workshops coordinated by UK Trade & Investment. Workshops will kick off in Glasgow and continue to Newcastle, Leeds, Belfast, Liverpool, Cardiff, Bristol and wrap up in London.
When: Friday, 9 September
Time: 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Venue: Conference Centre, 1 Victoria Street,London SW1H 0ET
Contact: Anwara Chowdhury- request application form from: Creative@ukti.gsi.gov.uk
At the end of a briefing, you will:
- Understand why South by South West is a gateway of opportunity for the UK’s Creative Industries
- Have noted that there are over 15 different entry points to access SXSW
- Found out the latest news on UK regional and national plans to promote the UK Creative Industries at SXSW 2012, including Trade Missions, Trade Fair Stands, Networking Events and Showcases and,
Hopefully have had most, if not all, of your questions answered!
Other benefits of the workshop will include:
- Presentation on opportunities at Midem 2012 by Javier Lopez, Reed Midem UK & Ireland Sales Manager
- Brief presentations from AIM, BPI, MPA, PPL, PRS for Music, and UKTI reps in attendance on what they offer
- Time for Q & A
- A networking session/drinks in the same venue which will give you the opportunity to meet with everyone face to face.
Participants who attend will be sent a really useful education pack from UKTI which will include:
- Much more detailed information on SXSW (and Midem)
- Detailed Music Showcase info
- Useful information, advice and tips on how to prepare for SXSW (and Midem)
- Funding and supports information